Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Market bag.

I signed up for a secret Santa group made up of a network of neighborhood ladies. We were to craft a homemade gift, the materials of which were to cost no more than $10. I drew a 70 year-old woman. What the heck do I do with that!? So, I procrastinated until this past weekend, when I pulled myself together and sewed the day away.

I ended up with a reusable tote bag - a nice, big size - to reflect her crocheting supplies, out-and-about-ness, and who even knows! I finally conquered my fear of gussets by watching this completely wonderful tutorial. I finally feel like I can move on from my flat messenger bags.

Another $3/yard pattern from the warehouse room of my favorite store.
Also, buttons!

Holds two shoeboxes. That's what I'm talking about!

Cross-stitching is a possibility I often entertain. The same goes for rainbow thread.

What's great is the realization that I will be getting a handmade gift of my own! What a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment