Friday, March 23, 2012

Fanfare for the common dress.


I am going to a performance of Copland's Third Symphony in a little more than a week. I have literally waited a year for this. Really, though, I've wanted to attend such a performance for five years. So I thrifted a dress for the event, which I like. But as the date draws nearer, it really does not seem sufficient. I want to make a dress just for the occasion.

Right now I'm arranging pieces and trying to figure out how to make it work. Flowy salmon-colored polyester with a lovely black sash that will be sewn into the waistline. The teal thread was actually what my aunt happened to have in her serger, which I was toying with. So I'll take the extra little "surprise!" burst of color. It's a set of modern colors for a great modern classical composer.

Oh, Aaron. I love you so.

If you hear someone sobbing loudly from the mezzanine, it's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment