Saturday, March 17, 2012

My little green babies.

I am totally shocked that I haven't killed my starter seeds. In fact, I have at least one of everything sprouting after 9 days. These are vivacious, eager lemon cucumbers, which I will try for the first time out of my own garden. I'm also sprouting snap peas, lettuce, zucchini, yellow squash, cantaloupe, lime basil, lemon balm, and stevia. For later in the summer I'll be planting pattypan squash, kale, and a gorgeous red specialty lettuce. All this is going in a 12 x 12' plot graciously allotted by my landlady. This is really big, except for when you're standing inside it and wondering how you're going to fit your dream garden in this tiny speck of earth. Moar. MOAR!

Why is this in my art blog? Because... it's an art? Ha? Ha? I don't know. 'Cause I'm totally gleeful every time a sprout pops up and have to SHARE THE LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment